1 Onion (Quartered)
2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
3 Bay Leaves
5 Whole Cloves
2KG Corned Beef
3 Carrots (cut into 4 pieces)
1) Place all ingredient’s in a large pot
2) Fill with water till beef is covered
3) Bring to boil then reduce to simmer covered for 1 hour per Kg of meat
White Sauce Recipe
2tbsp plain flour
Salt & white pepper
1) In a small saucepan, slowly melt the butter taking care that it does not brown
2) Sprinkle the flour over the butter and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes on a low heat. Take care not to let brown.
3) Add the milk 1 cup at a time to the pan and whisk vigorously till smooth. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste
This sauce is the traditional basic sauce that tastes great with corned beef and cauliflower.
Mushroom Sauce – Add 1 cup of cooked mushrooms
Parsley Sauce – Add ½ cup of finely chopped parsley
Cheese Sauce – Add 1 cup of grated chedder or cheese (can also use parmesan cheese)